View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: 5 card draw (limit) general tactics?

what hands do you raise predraw from what position? in a vaccuum, i'd open with no less than aces UTG down to mayhe 99 or so OTB. i dont play in a vaccumm though, so my raise standards are defined by what i know of the BB's defense standards, and the propensity of ppl acting after me to call/3bet with better/worse hands. ill open weak at a nitfest, and ill wait for stronger openers at a poo-flinging table. what do you bet after the draw? too vague to even try to answer. who acts first? who was agressor? does he call down unimproved? does he love the checkraise? etcetera. Two pieces of advice i can give you: just because you think you have the best hand doesn't mean you should be betting post-draw, and don't think "what hands should i bet", think instead "what hand does villain have, and will he call me with the loser, fold the winner" what is generally bad playing 5 card draw? no, WHO is pretty bad at draw, but WHAT is actually rather decent. WHERE is a total maniac, and BECAUSE is a nit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
OK, bad things are limping, playing small pairs, overcalling, betting unimproved when he will only fold or raise you, calling behind a p/f raise without a great hand, not notetaking, defending BB to often, not varying you own play enough...uh, kind of like all other poker really [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]