View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Stud - style of play - discussion

[ QUOTE ]
When I have drawing hands like straights and flushes I use the outs/pot odds as guidelines. It is more in playing single pair and two pair hands that knowledge of your opponent matters. I have played against opponents who wont bet with less than 2 pair and others that just fire away with a low pair until they hit resistance. If you see that your 2 pair outs are limited against the former, then folding may be in order, while against the latter you hold on for dear life even with mediocre one pairs.

Yes. profit is conserved in limit poker by knowing how to fold. Therefore good players can be taken advantage of if you occasionally bluff the flush on 5th or 6th, as long as you play your flush bluff very similar to your flush they will be stuck guessing. The worse an opponent is the more one should play textbook poker against them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last stud cash game hand I ever played was against this newb. I had 4 diamonds on my board showing to him, and had been betting the entire way. He calls me down with ace high. Turns out it was good.