View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

1. Raising here isnt really to steal the blinds per se. You are raising to maybe get folds, but you would also like to get a call or two and play some poker with a nice well disguised hand. I would also sometimes open limp there when the stacks are deep, but that is completely dependent on personal playing style.

2. I bet this flop, because I bet almost all the time when I raised preflop in an LP v BB battle. Also you have a very nice very disguised and very vulnerable hand. Bottom two on a draw heavy board is extremely dangerous because it can easily become a 2nd best hand, but its also too good to fold in many situations (especially when there are two draws since its harder to determine when the villain gets there). I bet roughly 120-140.

3. I'm planning on betting many turn cards if I get called on the flop. Any blanks and most cards that only complete one draw. For example I will probably bet a black jack, but check the 6 of hearts since its so so brutal. I'm also obviously ready to give up on the hand if the 9 pairs. Another interesting question is what I will do if I'm cred here. Given the board, and the stack depth Im not pushing. Pushing will quite likely let the blind get off a medium over pair like JJ, or top pair type hand like K9s. Also, against a lot of big draws I'm only roughly even money, but those draws will put money in on the turn when they miss and then I'm a bigger favorite. Also calling will let one pair hands hang themselves further on the turn. An additional benefit is not going broke when a possible draw gets there.