View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: hi i havbe a small issue

Thats too big a question to answer easliy.

You need to make a plan and stick to it. Are you to be playing Sng's or Cash. They are both different animals.

Your goal is to build your roll and crush the games. haha thats the goal of most players on here. This takes time. months, possibly years.

"should i start with sngs or the 1/2nl games ??" Im assuming from this you are unaware of bankroll management and the effect of variance. 1/2NL also known as NL200 games have a max buy in of $200. that means you have 2.5 buyins. you shouldbe looking around 20buyins to be rolled for this. $500 means you should be playing the NL25 games.

Poker is not a get rich quick hobby. It takes time, study. There are a lot of good players online ready to take your money if you go on and start gambling.

Without knowing your experience, etc i would suggest picking either the 10NL to get comfortable online or the 25NL if you are a reasonable player. If you find you are losing drop down a level. Play 10,000 hands and analyse your play then post again and take it from there. OR play the $5 or $10sng's to get used to the format building up to higher games as you get more experienced and can prove over hundreds of games that you are a winning player.

I hope this doesnt sound like a lecture and a boring way to approach the game but the game of NL poker has a variable luck element which can easily set you down 5 buyins at a cash game even if you are playing well or you could lose 20 sngs in a row playing well.

If you dont mind rebuying your $500 thats a different story but working with just $500 that would be my plan.

Lets see what others say [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

good luck