View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Atkins Diet - Lets Discuss Pros/Cons/Experiences

I am currently on atkins and have been losing weight pretty quick. I was going to do a low-cal approach but I simply was not getting enough protein into my body and was losing muscle mass and strength at a fast pace so I decided to switch to this diet.

Started this on May 1st and am going to do induction for approximately 4-6 weeks.

I am also doing my regular workouts (mostly core exercises only right now, bench/squat/deadlift/pullups/dips/abs) and some cardio (but I broke my toe playing ball so cardio is somewhat hindered). I also sprained my wrist too which has been a bitch so i was unable to workout for a couple of weeks.

May 1st - 179.6lbs
Today - May 6th - 172.4lbs

Thoughts on atkins diet. (all meat, high fat diet, under 15g of carbs a day right now, close to 0g of sugar...including sugar alcohol).

oh yea...the plan is to do induction for 4-5 weeks until I break the 150s then I will slowly ween some complex carbs back into my diet but I pretty much will say off simple-carbs and sugars until I hit my target goals of under 10% bf and 150-155lbs.