View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: 10nl: AK 3 way pot

You really should raise that flop. You can charge worse A's a lot here, and even some middling pocket pairs are likely to come along. Raise the flop, and then most likely get all the money in on the turn.

EDIT:

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, we have much more EV against hands that bet and call than against hands that call a raise. I'm waiting for a later street to get some money in the middle, especially since I've got position. I think we're rarely ahead if we get it all in on a flop this dry, so I'm willing to take some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? There are lots of As that won't fold at NL10 if it's an unknown. You will also fairly routinely see middling pocket pairs call a flop raise here. Since it's a raised pot, there aren't that many 4s that can be out there, and WA/WB doesn't really apply because opponents aren't generally aggressive enough at this level to be bluffing you heavily for three streets, a lot of the hands you're beating will call a bunch of streets, and you're going to probably stack off to a 4 anyway. Particularly in light of this last fact, keeping the pot small only punishes you by leaving value on the table to the many As that will call.

EDIT 2: The prospect of SB overcalling is maaaybe one argument against raising, but it's only .50. If he's got a hand he's probably calling your raise anyway, though, and he's not likely to be giving you value on later streets, so I think pumping the pot should be the priority.