View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: PPA has released its UIGEA regulations comment talking points

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this argument is valid:

Forget about calling up our congressmen and what not. What we really should be doing is calling ESPN and have THEM spend some $$/time on getting this done. Are they? Have they, as a business, spoken against this bill? Can they?

They got the dough and they got leverage because they are owned by Disney, and we all can/should assume that Disney has its hands on some lobbying and [censored]. Well - since ESPN is hugely responsible for the boom of online poker and since online poker is a massive catalyist for the continued growth in profits for ESPN re: poker (video games and broadcasts and advertisement space), shouldn't ESPN be taking care of this business?

ESPN IS THE WSOP, and the WSOP is being taken over by online players.

Personally, I think that EVERY MAJOR ONLINE PLAYER should be on the phone with ESPN to talk to them about what they are prepared to do.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget ESPN, or even Disney, those crooks have no desire to risk a good thing.

What other major event with a prize pool the size of the WSOP is paid by the players??? Not only that the WSOP deducts for it's expenses!

The joke is with all the side business let alone the TV rights the WSOP is a profit before a sinle player sits down!

There are no expenses, in any other "sport" the pro's would be paid to play.

Give me a break!

D$D