View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Taking a break from Poker - LONG & Low Content

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Janelle,

I really don´t know what you´re talking about re the FTOPS event. I mean, you busted out really early and never had a shot at winning this thing, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I wish I could have bubbled. I have a VERY different perspective then you. I am so disappointed because I went out really early. I would rather have played 4 hours and bubbled then go out early. It isn't about the money as much as it is about poor performance. Although I did play very well (I thought), I was disappointed in my results.

I have only played about 8 MTTS and I won 3 of them and cashed in 2... so this is where this mixed up perspective may have come from.

I don't mind you flaming me auto. I understand your perspective on my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

going out early in an MTT is like losing a single buy-in in a cash game. do you understand how preposterous it is to get upset about that? some of the best tournament players I know have gone strings of 50+ tournaments without cashing. i know your perspective is "mixed up" because you won three $5 tournaments in a row, but get a hold of yourself. playing a series of 8 MTTs, even with a bunch of them to the end, is still only a couple of normal session's worth of action. you've posted a number of hands, and i think i can confidently tell you that you're not that good. you got lucky. accept it, move past it, get better, and for god sake learn some math about variance.