View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: I got to go to cali or LV

[ QUOTE ]
in and out is waayyy overrated based on my sample of size one.

a very simple burger, but thats the point right, a simple burger with great ingredients? my tomato was white, the american cheese was just standard gross american "cheese", and my fries were over cooked.

animal style fries = fries with thousand island dressing and american cheese. not exactly ground breaking.

to be fair, the meal was fine, but hugely underwhelming after i have heard so many great reviews. i would say in and out is a rock solid second tier fast food joint, the rest is just california hype.

flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived in SoCal my whole life and I agree that In N Out isn't the BEST burger place ever, but it definitely stands out from the national chains like McDonald's, Wendy's, etc.

They make only a few items and I think they make them fairly well. The use a lot of fresh ingredients, including freshly cut potatoes for fries. The food is pretty inexpensive and I feel that it has a much friendly atmosphere than other burger chains.

In 'Fast Food Nation,' a book that reveals the ugly side of the fast-food industry (nothing like the crappy movie btw), the author states that In N Out treats its employees fairly well compared to the rest of the industry.