Thread: AJo UTG
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: AJo UTG

[ QUOTE ]
At full ring I'm folding AJo UTG atleast 95% of the time.

River is a very easy call.

Normally I'd fold on the flop to villian checkraise but apparently you have a read saying that would be poor.

I like the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not opposed to folding this hand preflop i guess but i prefer how hero played it.

My main question is:
Why would you fold to villian's checkraise on the flop?

What hand do you put him on here that beats you?
Villian's hands that beat you are:
JJ,55,22,J5,J2,52,AA,KK,QQ.

The only draw out there really is 34.

This is micro-limits remember.

I think JJ-AA is not likely here. Most of the times you would have been reraised preflop. 2 Pair hands do not really fit that flop for calling a preflop raise. 22 and 55 are really the only monsters i would fear here.

Most of the time the villian has something like JX here where X could be almost anything from an 8-A and thinks you missed on the flop with AK or AQ.

Notice when you call the flop he checks the K on the turn, so unless he has KJ here and is trying for a second check raise this fits in with the above scenario.

I think his riverbet is a scared riverbet with a J of some sort. He is trying to take down the pot in hopes you are bluffing or see showdown cheaply.

I only call the river as a better hand rereaises and a worse hand probably folds so you get no value out of the raise.

I think villian shows up with JQ/J10/J9 here or maybe a smaller pocket pair as you alluded to in your post.
Just my 2 cents.