View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: bottom set K high board, Q on river v PFR

On the way you played it - time down and then pot bet. He'll definitely look you up with top 2 paying anything up to a pot sized bet IMHO. Having said that, he appears smart enough to not go broke with top 2, too which leads to some people saying c/r.

So...I think he'll definitely call 2 hundy if you lead. He's only got a set to be worried about, which, yes, you have but with Top 2 he's definitely looking up when there's nothing else to be scared of.

If you go for c/r: a) there's a chance he could be super nitty and check behind or b) he'll bet 2/3 - 3/4 pot...you'll check raise to...eh, insignificant, I think he could be good enough to get away from his hand if you c/r.

Point is, I think you're getting ever so slightly more value out of leading river. You've called out of the SB, c/c flop, lead turn. his setdar is probably up at this point and if you suddenly check river, he's gotta smell a rat...

Don't give him a chance to make the nitty play by either checking behind (nittski check albeit) or folding to a c/r.

I've rambled but yes, definitely time down and lead for full pot.