View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 AM

Default ACism: paralleling the evils of state control?

I just read an interesting article by Murray Bookchin that gives credit to Marx for his position on the free market, which he quotes as being the following:

[ QUOTE ]
The free market inevitably yields the oligarchic and monopolistic corporate market with entrepreneurial manipulations that in every way parallel state controls

[/ QUOTE ]

This articulates effectively my concerns (I will elaborate later) with ACism; to my understanding a stateless society that pertains to a capitalist free-market.

I think most of us here share common ground in our disdain towards extrinsic wills dictating, controlling and manipulating our lives, namely that of the state. As such, what reassurance could one provide that ACism would not be replacing one existing mode of tyranny, control and injustice (state power) with similar such attacks on our freedoms and liberty due to the implications of a free-market (highlighted by Marx as giving way to parallels with state control) with the added clause that it is to be void of regulation and obligation amongst its beneficiaries e.g. the proprietors, owners and masters who would have free reign over (effectively enslaved?) portion of the population whom are unable to benefit from the 'wonders' of voluntary exchange and owner/worker relationships or more likely are not granted the oppurtunity by the manipulation and cunningness of those with the effective power. Thoughts, rebuttals, insults and words of agreement welcome!