View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Traveling to Minnesota...

[ QUOTE ]
Treasure Island is closer to Iowa, but if you're going to make the drive, come up to Canterbury.

Wednesday tournament (NLHE $200+30)
Sunday varies, sometimes a cheesy shoot-out, sometimes $400.

Donkament SNGs Monday and Thursday

Otherwise wall to wall limit. Brush up on your limit on-line before you come. The regulars get a huge laugh at "If this was no-limit I could have raised you off your hand". Chip spewing usually commences.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny and I love these out of town NL only donks who can't adjust to LHE that come to CP and spew chips thinking they are going to "raise you off a hand".
They raise preflop with AToff and keep betting the whole way after they complely miss the flop and then go ballistic when you call them down/raise after you flop top pair or a great draw. I don't think I'm going to fold the nut flush draw with 2 overs and a backdoor straight draw with 10 bets already in the pot. I just laugh to myself.
Priceless

PS - The $200 and $400 NL tourneys are decent but skip the Donk and Go's as the structure(300 chips to start, blinds double every 10 min) is brutal. The players are terrible but unless you double up in the first round or two you will be pushing 15 minutes in.