View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: drivers for a newbie

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the same boat as you are right now. I never bought a driver because every time I demoed one I couldn't hit it well. After a few lessons and practice I'm ready to buy one. I think the Callaway X460cc would be a pretty good fit for you. From the reviews I've read it is pretty forgiving. It is pretty cheap too at $199 from golfsmith.com.

Golfsmith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this is the [censored] club. I have a hard time hitting drivers, but this driver is awesome. It is very forgiving. A+ highly recommended. If only I could fix my slice now

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this club late last season thanks to a pileup of Party points. Unfortunately I've only been out twice with it but so far it seems pretty forgiving for a driver of its size and I would definetely reccommend it.

One thing to note is that it is a rather noisy driver as it makes a loud metallic sound on contact. I don't mind this when I bomb one down the fairway but when I slice it OB, I don't like the attention as much, lol...