View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Mid Tourny AK Play

I posted this in the Small Stakes MTT but only got one reply and was hoping maybe I could get something out of this forum... thanks...

Full Tilt 69+6 double stack NL Tourny about two nights ago...

I have watched the button over play several hands in the last two orbits and has sucked out on players one two occassions once hitting a rivered set and once a runner runner flush.

My image is very tight only having showed down KK and JJ (twice) and AQ in the last hour.

I don't have a hand converter since I am at work right now but remember the specifics so here goes:

Blinds/antes 300/600 75, 90 players left, cash at 45 Avg Stack = 15,000 TC

Hero is in BB with 17534 TC

Folded to button with 30K TC who raises to 1800 TC

Hero Re-Raises with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to 5000 TC, Button Calls. (10970 in pot)

Flop
2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I have about 12K left at this point, I am certain that if I check here that the Button will bet and decide that 10K in the pot would be great to take down right now so I push, putting the pressure on the button and off of me...

Any thoughts on why a c/c or c/r or c/f would be a better play here? Any thoughts would be very helpful as I am now just getting back into tournement play after playing strictly limit holdem for the past several years. Thanks!