View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Brian & Barry\'s prop bet

[ QUOTE ]
Barry, could you give an example of a player getting away with murder early in their career. Would Neagreanu be an example? And how so? Abusing his low suited connectors his WPT play and his superdraws etc? His Delayed cont. bets?

Any examples or details would be cool. Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to say anything negative about a particular player, but some just aren't that good, and in a WPT field where there are many groups that talk, the word gets out.

Patrik Antonius was terrorizing people last year in the few events that he played, but he told me that this year at the WSOP, no one would ever fold against him and he was getting reraised a lot and he wasn't having a good run of cards.

Jeff Madsen is a fast player and had the best 2006 WSOP. He's obviously not running near as well, but people may not be giving him credit for having hands like they did last year.

As for Daniel, he got a lot of great table draws in his landmark year of 2004. I don't know how many times I heard that Daniel had bad players drawing dead all-in early in tournaments. The next year, it seemed like he rarely got off to a good start. Also, he's got more distractions than he had then.

Barry