View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
100$ is ridiculously underpriced. You should be selling this for $500 MINIMUM and imo more in the 1k-2k range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are dreaming. It is a nice compliment, but not more than that. You are forgetting a few things:

It isn't entering a virgin market area. It is entering one with a couple of established giants, starting with the market reference, Poker Tracker + PAHUD, followed by PokerOffice. Neither of which cost more than $100. While I have no trouble believing it may be superior to either, the question is whether its superiority would justify this, and convince new prospective buyer to pay 10 times the amount.

The second even harder issue would be trying to win over satisfied users of PT and PO, and charge a premium price too. Right now I am a satisfied user of PO. I've had a few issues here and there over the last 2 years of use, but nothing insurmountable, and overall, I've gotten a LOT from it. I might convert if convinced, but I don't see that happening for 500 bucks. Remember that most players don't have $500 to spend on a program.

Albert