View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: QJ hits top pair on drawy board vs jalexand42

All I was implying with my questions was that:

a) This board is VERY draw heavy yet not very 2purr friendly. Very important quality.
b) Your flat call PF allows me to put lesser value on certain hands (namely 99,QQ,AQ). This is not to dismiss these hands. Just give less weight in your range of holdings.
c) Because this flop has 'float' written all over it, the chances of you betting if checked to seems fairly likely.
d) My point about a c/r not being bad if we did know you had a draw was because many always think like, 'if we knew he had a worse hand, why would we want him to fold' and crap like that without taking into consideration the context of the entire hand. Here, we may get you to commit on the turn with a c/r with an inferior hand, whereas if we call we may get no action on the river that we want.
e) If you are putting in any money on the turn, I think you are going with it on that street. Odds seem to be there.
f) Sure you can have KQ, 2purr, or a set but my decision on whether or not to stack off here is on the turn. I am not putting in any money if I am not willing to put in all my money. So b/f seems ridiculous given this board.

I just want to reinforce what I wrote in my first post that I think you call the flop with a draw far more then you raise with one. Obviously the strength of your draw will vary your decision on this. Conversely, I feel you raise the flop with hands that beat us more often then not.