View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers. [OP is a \"must read\".]

2+2ers,

Before I get into the main reason for my post in this thread, I’d like to make some general comments.

We don't intervene in player disputes about transfers because they always come down to one person’s word against another’s. In these situations, no matter what the stories are, there's simply no way we know who's telling the truth.

We ask that you use discretion with who you talk to, and be careful with what you say. A screen name can represent anyone, no matter who they seem to be or who they say they are, even if they appear to have proven that they are the real deal. It's a shame, but unfortunately, there are people out there who have nothing better to do than spend all their time trying to scam poker players.

Never give out your personal information under any circumstances whatsoever. As I said before, you never know who is listening and what they really intend to do with your information.

With that said, we do try to keep an eye on this thread and often jump in to investigate claims that pop up. When there’s enough evidence, we take appropriate action on the accounts involved, and have closed down several accounts for scamming other players following reports in this thread.

Thanks to all of you who take to the time to report these guys.

Sean