View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

Where to begin...

Training Camp Drama:
- Revis should have been signed and in camp at LEAST 5 days ago. Every practice he misses is trouble in the long run. I know that Tannenbaum is trying to sign this kid for 6 years so he doesn't have to deal with expiring contracts on both DBrick and Revis in the same year, but it's about time the FO moved off their stance on this one.
- Kendall needs to be let go. There is no point in keeping this guy around. He isn't going to be on the team for week 1, so what's the point? Trade him for a 7th round pick or just let him go out-right at this point. I also don't understand what the hold up is on this one.

Secondary:
This isn't looking as good as it once was all of a sudden. With Revis holding out, Barrett still on the team, Miller banged up and now Eric Smith out (with what appears to be a serious knee injury in today's morning workout) the depth at these positions is looking tremendously weak. Kerry Rhodes is going to have to be even better this year than he was last year methinks.

Linebackers: I liked trading up for Harris. Bryan Thomas needs to continue and improve if possible on his big season last year. Vilma will be fine. Hobson + Barton + Bowens makes this a much deeper unit than last years, especially if Schlegel can contribute this year.

D-Line: Meh. Robertson at NT again. Kimo will suck once again, hopefully we see lots more of Coleman than Kimo. Ellis will be fine. Pouha could help, but really these guys don't do anything for me.

Chad Pennington: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Clemens as a #2 makes me a bit nervous as he is probably still another year away. Touiuopuoiuoouiuoiuoipo as #3, standard.

Running Back: Stealing Thomas Jones from the Bears was big. Leon Washington should make for a nice 1-2 combo here. Can the O-Line open up some holes this year though? Houston quitting football was strange. The 3rd man on the Totem Pole now is Alvin Banks and un-drafted rookie from my alma matre, James Madison University. Banks is quick, but like many FCS players there are certainly question marks about his size.

Full Back: Barnes & Tutt. I wouldn't say it's an upgrade from last year, but it's not a downgrade.

Tight End: Chris Baker...yawn. Sean Ryan...are you kidding me. Blah.

Wide Receivers: Me likey these guys. Coles, Cotchery, JMac, Smith, Stuckey. Not too shabby.

O-Line: Kendall and his big masshole attitude and mouth are trouble. The Jets just need to be rid of him and move on. DBrick and Mangold need to progress further. The right side of the line is what it is. Moore + Clement. Nothing to see there. Adrian Clarke at left guard? Wade Smith? Bender? I don't know what to say here other then....AAAAAAHHHH!

Special Teams: This is going to be fine. Graham is a good punter. Nugent progressed well last year. Miller + Revis + Washington returning kicks. The team will be fine here.

Schedule: It's tough this year, way tougher than last year. Maybe some Mangini magic can get us back to the playoffs, but I'm not holding my breath. 8-8 would make me happy.

The offensive line is going to make or break this team. Once Kendall is gone there won't be much there, that means DBrick and Mangold might need to turn into OL superstars in a matter of 1 season. Yikes...