View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: 2+2 table blind defense

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. That's not a blind defense, that's calling a preflop raise with [censored]. He's not in CO or BU and has no reason to think he's stealing. Your hand is way too weak to be calling with here.

Check/fold flop.
Check/fold turn.
Check/fold river.

On further examination, is something wrong with your hand converter? That's the only reason I can find for this hand. Did you really have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something? You can't seriously think it's a good idea to call K5o out of the big blind in a tight-aggressive game against a raise from middle position, can you? Is this going to be on television? Where are the cameras? What is going on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You had left and I was all awone on my own to try and pway this game as best I could all by my wittle self...

But seriously, you are probably right Pax, after I posted this I realized that the first thing I respond to posts like this is that it most certainly wasn't a steal situation. It isn't a hand I generally play from anywhere, however the way the table had been playing for most of the last orbit was very tight, with few hands getting to the turn. I figured there was a better than average chance that he was raising light pre-flop and could get bet off the pot if he missed. If I was always right I wouldn't be playing .25/.50...

Turns out the board conspired against me on this hand. He had the perfect hand to stick around with, which I should have figured out with the turn call, but didn't. I suppose it doesn't make my play any better, but I really wasn't thinking much about my cards in this hand.