View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Bankroll for shortstacking?

[ QUOTE ]
I haven`t read Slotboom`s book and I have no statistics to show but I have a general impression of Slotboom`s play.

About 5 years ago I was playing LHE and PLO off and on in Amsterdam for a period of few years.
At that time there was 1 single PLO table available.
It was 20/40 with min buy-in of 500.
Marcel Luske and Rolf Slotboom were PLO regulars and although I`ve only played PLO against Marcel few times and never against Rolf I used to watch them both play a lot.

Marcel was usually buying in for 5k which it probably was max and I must say this was the time when Marcel became my poker hero.
The way he was dominating and crushing the game was a pleasure to watch.
Always deep stacked and always in command of everything.

Rolf on the other hand would buy-in for 500 and do his short stack thing.
He looked like a nice guy, thinking player that knows what he`s doing and I do have respect for him but I seriously never saw him win a lot of cash.
When I think Rolf Slotboom only 1 image comes to mind.
Him sitting at a 20/40 PLO table in Amsterdam with chips worth 500 euro stacked in a shape of some kind of small tower with a pack of tic-tac on top of it, folding most of the time and the "tower" never getting any bigger.

I`m aware that my "watching" sample is insignificant and I`m sure that he was wining money doing his thing but I wanted to share this lil story never-the-less.

[/ QUOTE ]

This story is awesome in more than one way.