View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I lost 6 buyins at 3/6 and over 7 buyins at 2/4 today. My downswing tally is up to 27k now. I haven't cashed out in 2 months, and I'm down to only 16k in poker accounts now. That's probably not enough of a roll to play 3/6 anymore... but then, if you are a losing player, no amount is enough of a roll.

I guess I have no choice - I will start sending out resumes and contacting recruiters tomorrow. This really sucks, because it almost certainly means I'm going to have to move to someplace with a tech sector, and that means leaving behind beautiful Hawaii, all of my wife's family, our support network, etc. Right now we live rent free with my in-laws, which is particularly awesome due to built-in baby-sitting and all the help they give. Our whole lives are going to change because I've completely lost both the ability to play good and to run good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost 27k at what stakes? And over how many hands? Either way, move down, watch some videos, start every session with a good mindset(if you need to take a few days off for this DO IT)

Also, IMO, don't move because of some money problems. It sounds like you have an awesome life there and you'll probably regret moving. Just think about what you want from your life and consciously move towards it with every decision you make in every moment of your life(ESPECIALLY in your thinking, if you dont believe you can have it then you wont). Then it's only a matter of time.