View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 PM

Default question from schneids\' latest CR vid, BB defense with 44

the video is schneids playing 2 tables of 15/30 on stars

around 1 minute in schneids has 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB
folded to button who opens, SB call, schneids calls
flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, schneids checks, button bets

schneids says something about how he is going to c/r if the SB calls, but then the SB checkraises and something comes up on the other table so we never hear why

so, why?

thinking about it for a minute what I came up with was that button is probably going to take a free card on the turn when we're ahead, and giving a free card to a combined 12+ outs sucks.

doing some stoving I don't think that we have an equity edge here to push, but checkraising does make the hand easier to play. this is something I've noticed in a bunch of his vids, particularily heads up (more huhu vids plz schneids, preferably vs bad/mediocre LAGs at 5/10+). a lot of hands that I will play as bluff catchers (Ax Kx small pairs), schneids will play aggressively.

I'm hesitant to do this because of the risk of folding the best hand to a semibluff from an aggressive villain. does this kind of play require a read that we can comfortably fold to further action, or that calling down further action is more +ev than c/c?