View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: post here when announcers (or the media) say or do something stupi

[ QUOTE ]
The whole "Pythagorean W-L" thing holds very little water for me. Run differential is a "decent indicator" of how "good" a team is. But how "good" a team is isn't directly related to how many games they will win.

Some control pitcher going out and "not having it" on a given day, say a Jamie Moyer type, getting pummelled for 9 runs in 2-2/3 innings would be something I'd just shrug off as a fan. It's just a loss. But I do agree that over the course of a season, it should flatten out a bit.

Unless your team has 4 aces and 1 chimpanzee with an ERA of 15.56. Obviously your Pythagorean W-L will vary greatly from your actual W-L.

Something stupid I heard earlier this year, when Orestes Destrade was in Boston after Felix Hernandez beat down Daisuke he was all excited and said (paraphrasing) "Everyone was looking forward to a great game today, most maybe thinking DICE K would win, but I tell ya, us Latinos sure do know how to crash a party ."

Bolded part was verbatim. What an absurd thing to say, in more ways than one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he still on BBTN? I haven't watched in months because the show had gotten so damn awful.