View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Reworking my aggression level. NL200 JTs in reraised pot (bVb) + bluff

I think my game has suffered severely during the last weeks. I seem to run at something like 15/11/1 , being incredibly passive cause every single pot seemed a "Wa/Wb situation". I ve only been aggressive with monsters and on complete idiotic bluffs not thinking about what they could have and how they could ever lay it down.

Now I just watched a stoxtrader vid and recalled what shorthanded NL poker is about. Yet Im not sure whether I implemented it correctly in this hand:

No history w/ villain, just sat down and hadnt done anything crazy.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $200
UTG+1: $219.45
CO: $164.05
Button: $263.05
SB: $198.10
hero: $200

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $20</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue"> weakish looking attempt to steal. I have a strong hand and position. I also want the initiative (lol @ stox-talk) </font>

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($40, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $29</font>, SB calls.

<font color="blue"> flop misses me terribly. Still the ace might good to convince him that he should get out. I cbet as he checks to me </font>

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($98, 3 players)
SB checks, hero checks.

<font color="blue"> His call crushes all my hopes and Im done with this hand... I check behind</font>

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($98, 3 players)
SB checks,

<font color="blue"> Wait a second... you check it to me on that board? No draws have arrived and if you did have an ace you surely wanna bet it, dont you? AAAaAaaand... if you dont have an ace my pair of Kings are definitely good, right? </font>

<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $48</font>

Believable story?

comments on pf play vs. unknowns as well as the riverbluff welcome.