View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: NL$200| QQ - Committed but his line is very strong!

[ QUOTE ]
But I am willing to stack off on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]I think this is your problem. I don't think you want to get it in on the turn. You are way behind his range with hands that he'll be willing to get it in on the turn with. Sure he MAY have TT/JJ and just be making a desperate final gasp at trying to win the pot, but in reality you are much more likely to be facing the stronger portion of his range.

[ QUOTE ]
To lead the river when he clearly has no fold equity has to be for value and therefore has to have QQ beat.

[/ QUOTE ]This is likely true, but so is

"To check/raise the turn when he clearly has no fold equity has to be for value and therefore has to have QQ beat."

[ QUOTE ]
I expect you'll come back and say 1010-JJ never c/r this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]Against your range TT/JJ SHOULDN'T c/r the turn for the same reasons it shouldn't call and then push the river. Which is different from saying he'll never do it- people do things all the time they shouldn't. That's where the profit is in poker.

But you really don't want to rely on villain making a bad play (or knowing he's committed and taking the "aw screw it- let's get the chips in" line) to get value from your hand.

I think you are failing to see how well defined your hand is and how easy it is for villain to play against you perfectly now. In that situation you really want to exercise pot control, because villain is only going to build a big pot with you when he has the best of it.