Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lots of words about why Paul can win

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally staying away from any personal opinions whatsoever:

http://www.thecherrycreeknews.com/content/view/2063/2/

I assume Paul has spent lots of money in Iowa - not as much as in NH, but it has to be a significant outlay. Results:

[ QUOTE ]
Among those likely to take part in the Iowa Republican caucuses, Romney is viewed favorably by 77%, Huckabee by 76%, Giuliani by 68%, and Thompson by 71%. Those numbers reflect an eleven point-gain for Huckabee and a six-point decline for Giuliani while impressions of the other candidates is essentially unchanged.

As for unfavorables, just 20% offer a negative assessment of Huckabee. Twenty-one percent (21%) have an unfavorable opinion of Romney, 24% say the same about Thompson, and 30% have a negative opinion of Giuliani.

McCain’s numbers have fallen since the previous Rasmussen Reports survey. Among Republicans likely to participate in the caucus, 54% have a favorable opinion of the Arizona Senator while 44% have an unfavorable view.

Ron Paul is viewed favorably by 39% and unfavorably by 52%.

[/ QUOTE ]

His ratings are dead last in what is technically his own party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adanthar,

Because 2+2's search function sucks so bad (not your fault), I can't find a post that exemplifies why you hate Ron Paul so much.

I've read the Redbean posts, so I understand your views there. However, that's one issue among many, and I was wondering if you would be willing to divulge why you are so adamantly against him in every politics thread I see you in.

Granted, in this thread you simply posted some random poll results. I'm generally drawing from your passing comments in several other threads where Ron Paul has been the subject.

Posting a link to a former thread in which you opinion is adequately explained would be perfectly acceptable.

If you fail to respond to this post, I will take that to mean you have no response to this question, and do, in fact, admit defeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete speculation to follow.....

People like Adanthar are opposed to Ron Paul because to support him is to admit that individuals are capable of taking care of themselves. That a government isn't needed to force people to take the correct course of action. It would be to admit that an elitist group of liberal minded people aren't necessary to make sure that the hoi polloi won't cause there own extinction due to their small minds.