View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: How often do you get burnt out from playing? Ways to stop it?

If you work 8 hrs, take 1 hr to eat dinner, 2.5 hrs to play poker. 1 hr round trip to work. That's 12.5 hrs of your day gone. Leaves 4.5 hrs if you want 7 hrs sleep, and that's what you've got left out of your day.

You want to stay on top of your game. So, you review your sessions, post some hands on the appropriate forum, as well as spend time reviewing other posts and suddenly your life is work, sleep, poker, eat, do the dishes and wash some clothes.

That would be my guess as to why Stoxtrader and his buddy wrote a book...........in the hopes that they could retire. Why else give out their secrets, much less spend the time to write the damn thing when they could be makin a 100k a year clickin a mouse....so they say.

Why do you think Lederer is teaching the game instead of playing? Why did Sklansky write his first book, giving it all away. He envisioned what he has today: A much easier life than grinding it out on the felt.

Maybe it is true that those who can, do; and those who can't teach.......but I don't think so. I think grinding it out on the computer, clickin a mouse, all alone, is more boring than working on an assembly line. At least you have some interpersonal contact on the assembly line.