View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Home game rules - slight rant

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I think the rant is something along the lines of, c'mon, if you're going to play poker, understand that there are published rules and consult them already when disputes come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed somewhat, but we don't want to drive off new HP guests, either.

If and when we get an FAQ sticky with a link to RR, the rant would make more sense.

Besides, how many times have we answered the same question (of any type of question) on this forum? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I was suppose to make sense as I'm mostly preaching to the choir. Most of the people who are going to read this have some concept of the rules. Maybe I'm just amazed at how many players choose to participate in an activity with little or no concept of the rules, behind the obvious basics of hand values. I probably shouldn't be amazed though as I've played in a monthly game for the past three years with the same guys and some of them still make the same mistakes over and over, no matter how many times they've been told.

I certainly don't want to discourge anyone from posting here. (What would you do with all your new found free time if this forum went away Larry....lol). I've found this forum to be a great source of information

I also don't expect somebody to pull out a rule book in the middle of a home game to try to locate a rule to resolve a dispute. But it is a good idea to have it handy as a resource and have some basic knowledge of whats inside. Maybe it's just me but I think part of running a good home game is knowing the rules (at least most of them)

I appreciite all the discussion and reponses here. And maybe this post will lead to an actual FAQ rules sticky