View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Very ugly spot w/ set vs. THE__D__RY in 50r

Well, if the plan is to snap call a shove, then fine. But, no, I don't really like that plan because, IMO, people aren't playing all that loose at this stage with those stacks in the $50r. OK, the 3k stacks want to make a move, but you look very strong here (particularly if they are looking at A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) but you're not giving them any FE. I don't think a 6k stack generally takes the risk of being a 3k stack and paying extra vig for the reward of being a 10-12k stack. At least, that's my experience of the $50r.

Also, for the 6k+ stacks, most of them can't call with the hands that you want to call, or move in or whatever, because it's such a crowded pot.

It's an interesting flop spot but I think my point is that I don't think you can persuade anyone they have FE in this situation by betting small. If there were more 3k stacks (who just want to get in in with any reasonable equity), fine but there's only two.

All of this said, I'm not sure how I'd proceed here but I think generally I'd check and see what happens and who takes a stab. Bottom set doesn't feel like a very big hand OOP eight way agaisnt super wide ranges and, I'd be interested to see if others think I'm wrong, but I kind of think 7k is just fine at this stage, not because shipping in another $100 is the end of the world but because having 3k really sucks.