View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: my cards get mucked, standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i decided the best course of action was for him to whisper me his cards ( he is good player therefore can remember the suit(s) ) and he whispered AdQd ( which bore no relevence to the flop)and in the pile of folded cards AdQd were next to eachother. so i gave him them. everyone seemed happy with the way it was handled but i wasnt sure if it was the "correct" way. ruling plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no it was not.

unfortunately, once the dealer mucks a hand, there is nothing that can be done to retrieve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree partially, JDesab. I think you should hold "the good of the game" over any specific rule, when the actions of the player in question did not cause most of the problem.

However, Merton0806, you open a slippery slope when you start digging cards out from a pile (as opposed to easily identifiable without digging). If everyone trusts everyone else, that's great.... but it could be a flashpoint if the wrong person gets cards back... or if someone else gets knocked out of the tourney as a result.

Balance the two ideas, but lean towards killing the hand and the victim learning an important lesson that they will carry with them throughout their card playing experiences.