View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Default can\'t keep playing when i\'m beating the game

Does anyone else have this problem? It always happens and I always say I won't do it again and I always do it again.

It's basically like this.. I sit at a good game, am patient, win 2 buy ins and lose all will to continue playing, even though the game is great and I've only been playing 2 hours. (This is live i am talking about, which i play pretty much exclusively).

It used to happen online too, I sit down and win 2 buy ins in 20 minutes and I just can't drive myself to play anymore.

The problem is I play for a living and I cap myself at 5-800 bux a week. I have no problem playing an 8 hour stint if I'm even or stuck.

The thing is I HATE to lose at poker, so once I've won I just leave for a little mental victory or something. I know that isn't the correct thing to do, as I could be making easily twice what I make now.

Like last night, I finally got into this game I have been trying to get into for a while, a total donk fest. 100 buy in, then its 200 buy in after 10pm and its in a bar, and people are drinking.. and I was up 400 in like the first 1.5 hours. I got sucked out and was down to like 250 and I just couldn't stand to be there anymore. But I left after playing like 2.5 hours when my EV was probably like +500 if I stayed till 2 am.

idk how to change it.