View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: First 10k hands stats. Looking for a bit of general advice.

the swings in your graph obviously mean you got to far with your one pair hands. same problem iīve had when i started.

try to think of this.

1. having an overpair seems like a strong hand. however if you see a low flop with for example 77, you have an overpair. i used to get stacked way to often in those situation vs an 99 or 88.
2. play higher aces. if you only play AQ and AKs from EP you wonīt get big variance. AJ seems nice but often is a loser since you walk into AQ or AK to much.
3. when you have a lower toppair, slow down abit. your probably thinking that your KJ is good on a K high flop. it can be, but if called on the flop try to not blow up the pot.
4. pick your spots alot better. i mean you have to adjust to your opponents stats. if there not aggressive (AF<2) there is a couple of things you should notice. first of all he is more likely to just call you down with a TPTK or lower. so thats good if you have TPTK, second of all he might be drawing often, thats good if you have TPTK. however when he is not calling you should get rid of TPTK often. and also note that this player is more keen to slowplay his big hands often.
5. if your opponent is loose, you should focus on playing your TPTK hands harder. this player is likely to raise with TPWK or draws. and is also more likely to bluff. when you face such a player adjust by playing more passive. let him fire at your and donīt blow up the pot unless you got a really good hand.
6. folding is key. overplaying your hands is easy to do. fold your TPTK more often and your set to go. if you donīt fold your hands enough you will be losing much big pots and winning small pots. also its sometimes hard to fold if you have much money in the pot already. do so, in the end you cut down variance when you fold consistently in these situations.