View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: 4betting AK hu and getting shoved on

yeah im probably never calling here ever, its just this is a point where I'm lost and I want to avoid it (I think?). Is this just optimal, and this is one situation where I just lose the hand?

Paster, I definitely think he has a pair here, I want to elaborate on what exactly the flow of the match is. He started out 3betting alot (first hand), and kept going after me. I finally 4b him, he shoved and a7s and i got it in with jj and held. He got stacked on other other hand where he misplayed it and got it in badly but I forget the action, it was a hand that was played after the flop. Since then he got one stack back on me but at this point in the match I regained control and was beating him up, I was in his head and outplaying him on most streets. hope this helps.

Anyway, like I said this is the first or 2nd 4b I have made, and preflop I had been on the quite/inline side as of the last 35-60 hands or so. Its definitely a vbet on the healthly "plus" EV side. Although you recomended calling as well, which in retrospect I like but seeing as how even though not recently, my opponent tended to get it in lighter than most I thought it would be wise to go with it preflop esp with stacksizes.

Basically I'm not concerned with postflop action here, Its a clear fold we don't have the equity vrs any range you can put this guy on to call, my biggest question is how to I avoid/deal with these spots as they have came up like 5 times in the last 4-5 days or like 6k ish hands.