View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Turning 35, or Starting the Back 9

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well to me his post has a certain 'I don't like my life' tone to it. If I had to read between the lines, I'd say he seems tired of the rat race but still thinks he's smarter than everybody else at work since he has this high powered career. In turn, his co workers probably think he's a condescending prick. I'd bet he also can't enjoy a vacation since he can't be far away from a laptop, cell phone, blackberry, etc due to work obligations...that's why he got some degree of enjoyment out of raking leaves & watching birds feed. Obviously, he's real close to his family!!! In the end he'll just go buy a Porsche so he'll feel better. But that's just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is this crap? Someone posts a thoughtful, interesting post about life lessons and you go looking "between the lines" to find some perceived personality flaws?

Take that [censored] to OOT. I would hope that in the Lounge there would be more engaging with the substance of the post and less BS-psychonanalysis to ad hominem the poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you can't read, two different people asked me to expand on how I interpreted his post. So I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad,

You were bound to get an inflammatory response or two, as (quite frankly) there is a ton of assumption and value judgement in your writing here.

FWIW, that's not a problem with me, which is why I asked you to clarify.

Now....IMO, here's the real issue:

What are you going to do with the feedback that you've gotten in this string?

If you dig your heels in and simply defend your position, you have learned nothing from the exchange, and you're the worse off for it.

If you read what others have written and ASK them to explain more of why they think the way that they do, you have a shot at expanding your universe.

It's your choice....

You may think my statement above to be arrogant......so be it if you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP posted something & I gave a one line opinion...my opinion...and you & Katie both ask me why. So I elaborated. Now you & a couple others pulled out your self righteous soapbox & climbed up on it. I simply expressed my opinion on KT's post. Opinion are like excuses, everybody's got one.

[ QUOTE ]
You may think my statement above to be arrogant....

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOO Really?