View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
not LHE related but whatever...

Do you plan on writing more on 2-7 or badugi?

How do the players from the bigger mixed games compare to those from say the low limit UB 2-7 games. If you could comment on how most people seem to fair playing the standard games in the mix that would be awesome...ie EOTB...

Did you play a fair amount of these 'other' poker games online before you jumped into the bigger mix games? or did you just 'dive in' with some of them.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll write if something strikes me as article-worthy and I find time. I'm not a great player so I have a hard time deciding how much to write on what I feel are sort of basic concepts.

Some of the big mix players are terrible, LP as it gets, just playing their hand, calling and drawing and never going past level 0, others are very tough and will be very creative and aggressive. Most people are decent to good at omaha (ironic that I suck at it) and competent at TDL and badugi but this varies a lot and play stud games horribly.

I played a lot of low limit TDL online and some stud/8, I've played big live mix games a few times with omaha in them and tried to play squeaky tight. The first time I played 100/200 BT I had never played badugi, just knew the rules and sort of figured it out. I won like 17k in that game running sick hot at badugi but I realized with my TDL knowledge I could do ok and that I should snow a lot more than everyone was.

-DeathDonkey