View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Couple of hands 100 NL

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: What would betting the turn do for us other than fold him so he doesn't draw for free? Is someone with those stats really going to be calling with anything that doesn't beat us on the turn? Do we want to bet just to win the pot right there?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to be pretty sure he's weak and straightforward to check, because the only reason you should check here is to subsequently fold. you don't want to c/f if he's sometimes betting 98s. just in general in this situation, i think i have the best hand, i think he'll sometimes call with worse, and i don't think he'll ever bluff me. so it's an easy bet for me. it also lends credibility to your 2 and 3-barrels with air

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: That pf call seems really sketchy. I know DD is really strong postflop, but OOP like that it still seems iffy. Is this more standard with good players especially if they have a strong notion MP1 will call?

[/ QUOTE ]

i rarely fold KQs. traditional nl theory might say it's a mediocre hand likely to be dominated, but in the games today, with loose limpers and light raisers, you're really happy to call a raise with KQs, even if you're oop