View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Why will the dollar rally?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf... there has been so much good news.. this recession [censored] is gonna be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even the real disposable income numbers were really, really good. As soon as I free up the cash from my mutual fund I'm jumping into AMD, DELL, and maybe a retail ETF (which has been getting hammered all year).

[/ QUOTE ]

The bad news trumps the good news. Also the bad news is longer term.

[/ QUOTE ]

what good news? 2/3 of americans already believe we are in a recession. the dollar has fallen off a cliff. oil is at all time highs and commodities are going bonkers. the housing market is in the 2nd or 3rd inning of the downswing. and most importantly, the over the counter derivatives that these financial institutions are hiding from investors are going to implode in their faces very soon. the financials are going to have 0 or negative earnings for the next several quarters. i believe they are going much lower and a handful will go bust or get bailed out. look what happened to the bond insurers of the CDOs (toxic waste):
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=MBI&...;q=l&c=abk

the financials are infested with this toxic waste; not just domestically but internationally too. who knows when the next time bomb will explode.