View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM

Default 25 NL overpair, probably misplayed on multiple streets

I've played < 1000 hands of NL so far, so this may be really retarded. Not enough hands on anyone for significant stats, but the original preflop raiser has already folded a couple times when reraised (once by me, once by someone else), but was pretty wild when he had the lead. A few hands prior to this one, he bet/3-bet TPTK big. Button hadn't gotten too involved before this, over ~30 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($36.30)
MP ($27.05)
Hero ($32.55)
Button ($31.90)
SB ($25.20)
BB ($13.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($12.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $26.9</font>, Hero calls $5.50.

River: ($65.90) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $65.90

With a LHE background, I never cold call preflop right after a raiser, and it's probably a poor play here. My thinking was that I could trap the preflop raiser for a lot more by just calling here. I expected button to fold as usual, and even when it got to be a 4-way pot, I wasn't too worried. When the preflop raiser just checked the flop, I figured a PSB with a two flush out there is fine. My real question is on the turn, if I was just a total donkey with that play, sans reads. To me, the flat call on the flop could be a flush draw, a PP, a 9, or a 4, and I figured that I'd let him bluff everything besides the 4 either on the turn or the river. I figured I was dead when he 3-bet me all in, but by then the pot odds made it immaterial.

How many places, and how badly is my thinking flawed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]