View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: How to unlock your 3-digit briefcase combo if you forget it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love how questions about lost activation codes for software get insta-locked or deleted, but guids is running a "how to break into a briefcase" clinic.

[/ QUOTE ]

the inherent coolness/wow factor of this trick makes it one of the best threads around here in awhile, I doubt anyone is planning on robbing any hassidic diamond merchants anytime soon, its just a useful thing to know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus your way is how to open a breifcase without damaging it. I'm guessing most thieves would just use a chisel and hammer.

[/ QUOTE ]

true. I also think the best security is disclosure, if you know the weakness in something you can defend yourself better.

Something that has been circulating for the last couple years is key bumping, get the lock manufacturers "999 key" the key they use to copy yours at the key shop (found at hardware stores usually), file it down to the deepest depths for each of the key notches, put it in the lock, tap with a piece of wood and unlock any door by a particular manufacturer. and ya, klompy, its not hard to do