View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
Rob,

I'm down for it, if you don't mind me counting elliptical trainer miles as well. My knees probably can't handle the stress of a ton of running anymore after soccer and football in HS/College.

I'll head down to the Nike store tomorrow to pick it up. Do you work out at 24 at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

The device unfortunately won't count elliptical miles as it counts mileage based on footstrike (it's just a geeky pedometer that connects to an ipod and syncs with playlists, etc.).

I don't work out at 24 -- I work out at Olympic in Ballard. If you ever move to my neck of the woods you'll definitely have to join; it's a nice place.

I have some degenerative knee issues as well, but I'm going to work on a running plan that hopefully can get me back into it slowly and maybe allow me to be more of a runner in the future by rebuilding my supporting muscles. I've found that nothing is really as good as running for helping me to lose weight, which also should help out with my knees, I think.

For all who are wondering, you definitely don't need Nike shoes for this. Just find a way to attach the sensor to your shoes (velcro, etc.) and you'll be fine. I use one of these:

In combination with Brooks shoes.

Rob