View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

What is your worst nightmare?

Not an inability to multitable, but the absence of fish on your current "24 tables allowed" sites. (actually you are mostly playing against each other now anyway)

Where have all the fishies gone?

They will all be gone in due course.

XPOSTED FROM THE SOFTWARE FORUM

I think you are thinking quite correctly on this. The purchasers of the server software could subscribe to an independant 3rd party security service which would receive every hand and use algorythms to check for bad patterns. Also, they could look at any hand history which was brought to their attention.

Since, by definition, the site is honest, it is YOUR site, the only threat to overall honesty is strangers coming in and colluding. It is my belief that colluders leave pretty fair sized footprints. I am not an expert though.

If I have missed something, let em know.

So far I believe this is where we stand.

The software program itself. Being looked at. (by a number of people I assume) It is unclear if a solid poker site program can come from the open source. We will know in due course. There is no doubt that such software can be obtained, but at what cost?

Site software security. This is 99.9% solved, believe it.

Security against outside colluders and cheats. I think the 3rd party security group is a good approach. One company could serve many "homegame" sites.

Payment processing. Right now, I can only see some sort of situation where a trusted 3rd party does the banking. This can be as simple as the homesite operators wife.

"Hello Molly? This is Ralph. Have Mike put $100 bucks into my play money account. The check is on it's way. Thanks"

"Hello Molly? My play money account is up to $290. You can check it with Mike to be sure. Can you have him take $200 out of my play money account. My son will stop over a bit later around 3 or so and pick up $200 cash. Yep, it is the wife's birthday. You know how that goes. Thanks"

That model works for the small homegame network. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking this is similar to how the underground home games operate.

You all might think of upping your table limit to 36. Time is growing short.

Tuff

You guys can disparage my poker ability all you want. It is not going to change the fact that the online poker environment is going to change radically, and relatively soon. Whether that change is to the good or bad will depend on your point of view. If the FoF bunch prevails, we will have no problems. There will be no online poker except for the most hardcore willing to jump through incredible hoops.

TF