View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Why do people play Hi hands in Stud 8/b???

I'm not sure what I think of your bet on 4th. You probably don't have the best high hand, and you are a loooong way from the best low hand. Your board doesn't even look like a decent low draw so I'm not sure what you expect your opponents to think.

Why do you bet 6th and then fold on 7th? When the J catches an open pair you must think you're in trouble. Most of the high hands people play are:
* random 3-flush hands
* big 3 straights
* pairs
The first 2 categories are pretty unlikely given the action I think.

You no longer have the possibility of making a low, not to mention that it looks like Vil 2 is already there, and your best improvement is to a full house, with all your sixes dead (you're drawing to 2 eights). I don't think you even want Ts and 6s, that's really no better than 8s and 6s. So there are exactly 2 cards you want to see on 7th.

Actually it's amazing you didn't get raised by Vil 2 on 6th. Shocking really, I'd be pumping that sucker for all it's worth.

I just checked the 3rd st action out again. Fold this as first to act. I might overlimp behind several players on 3rd but acting 1st before 2 aces sucks.

(This goes so much easier if you don't show cards. Now I have to try to not look at them while puzzling out the hand)