View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

It's a lot more than that. It's a psychological study in delusional denial. And I'm learning a ton about how not to play 1/2. All while laughing my ass off. It's a win-win-win.

In all seriousness, I think you can learn a lot by studying Fgators. We all have some of that "why me?" denial/stubbornness in us. But in him it's so pronounced, and so obvious, you can really study the phenomenon in detail.

It's like when I did comedy, there was this one chick who was the most naturally unfunny person I've ever met. I studied her like crazy to try to isolate exactly what she was doing so wrong. Every now and then she'd bang some semi-established comedian*, and he'd feed her a few good jokes. She might open with a good joke and get a few muffled laughs. But then invariably she would never get another laugh, no matter how good the material. I was totally fascinated to try to isolate whatever thing she exuded to immediately turn the audience off like that. Obviously in hopes of figuring it out and minimizing that trait in myself.

Much the same with FGators.

*This girl wasn't even hot. She was extremely homely, about 150 lbs and 5'2". Fat male comedians are so desperate and so shameless. shudder