Thread: Hole in one
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Hole in one

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the first times I ever went golfing I got within six inches to a hole in one...got par.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should add I had this same experience the very first time I golfed. Though it was about 12 inches. Golf can be cruel.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the most nerve wracking putts I have had was on a very short par 4 at a short, tight little muni. The hole would probably be a par 3 now, because it si like 250-260. But it would be a very hard par 3 because of the bunkers and rough in front of the green and some water to the right. Anyway, on this little hole I find the opening in front of the green and a slope kicked the ball at the hole that was behind a bunker. I had about a foot. I really didn't want to miss a 1 foot eagle putt on a par 3 (even if it is an easy hole), and it was slick. I white knuckled it in fortunately. I don't remember if I used all the hole or not.

never made one. Have come close, flew one in that popped out once. I expect if I ever make one it will be on a poor shot that I complain about that bounces in or something.