View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

- Experience: 2 years.

LONG STORY:

I started playing in highschool when I was trying to find ways to make money to fuel my expensive taste. My parents also didnt support me very well, so a regular job wouldn't cut it.

I started on poker room playing .25/.50 limit and moved along to 1/2 where I ended up going broke with the little money I had. Whenever I do something new I usually learn it quickly and really try to get good, so ofcourse I searched for answers. I bought SSLHE. The best part of that book was finding the twoplustwo address on the back cover I believe. Finished it. Became obssessed w/ 2+2. Started playing sng's and making some money here and there (not enough 1 tabling though).

That summer I got a job and worked my ass off. Bought a new computer and got back in the game. Moved to Stars $16's. My first month I only 4-tabled so I didnt make much and after a few bills I was left with $700 to my name.

For the next 3 months everything I made I cashed out to pay for expenses and in December I had a 20 buyin downswing along w/ no cashes in multi's = going back to work. It sucked.

Worked full time, got back in the game.

I know b33nz personally and he helped me out a lot (I feel I leaned on him for a lot of the things I know). Started 12 tabling the 27's. B33nz told me I should quit my job becuase I was making better money playing poker. I was determined to not go broke again and explained to him that my roll/savings isnt big enough and that Im not a luckbox. I was half convinced so I went part time. Played some 60's made a bit. And again, in December I ran really bad, this time almost ~45ish buyin downswing at 27's (excluding money lost in the short term at 60's and 35's). Im borderline going back to work full time. B33nz and I have figured it out. Im the next FJ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

SHORT STORY:

Limit > NL25 > SnG's (up to 60's) > I think Im done with SnG's, have to learn cash.

At this point, almost having gone broke twice, I have come too far, and worked too hard to quit. I also have no reason to. I know I can beat the game and I feel that I played better than I ever had last month, even with my sick loss'. I had a [censored] run like a few others after party left us, and I had a bit of a risky roll, so what (other than running really bad), I still have bigger balls for this game than most do. So these bitches can send it bring it ship it, cuz Im coming back!

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: I 12 tabled sng's and see myself playing only 5-6 tables MAX of cash. I want to actually take every little detail in, and play my BEST game.

- Current bankroll: $1000 After this months bills.

- What you expect to get out of this arrangement: I expect and WILL become a great cash game player. 3/6NL by the end of this year (this is my goal, regardless if Im picked or not).

This would help me so much. B33nz told me he'd stake me for 100NL, but I said I wouldn't take it unless I get like 30k hands at 50NL. So being coached would be extremely comforting.