View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: I just raise/folded my flush on the turn. Wow.

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop. Equity-wise it's probably a little worse than break-even but at my table I usually get the free card on the turn if I need it.

I think the only time I've thrown a flush away is on a four flush board or a double paired board with obvious action. However, I certainly see why you would here. Gonna have to call 2 bets to make 14? Ug, I wish I was a good poker and could throw this away, but I'm not.

GcluelessnoobG

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not good at the pokers. I suck. But the rationale is there.

I'm not sure about raising the flop. It occured to me at the time but I thought it was really, really close and in the heat of battle...

I would have definitely raised a pair and the draw or a combo draw like the flush draw and a gutshot.

James. Given the way he played the previous hand do you think he would threebang that dangerous a card with just the pair and the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? This was the first thing I considered when I thought about it but I concluded he was too passive. If you're in his shoes with the AA[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K, and the 9 pairs while bringing the flush and you get raised, don't you have to assume that you're pretty much always way behind? That's why I think his threebet is so strong.