Thread: Rock Band
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Rock Band

I saw some kids playing this at BB yesterday with their dad on drums. He was woefully inadequate, even on easy. I didn't see that it had a foot pedal though, until I saw an ad for it in the paper today. The drum set up is indeed like a lot of practice pad kits (read: exactly the same as a lot of practice pad kits).

It looked pretty fun. Mostly I just wanted to shove the old guy outta the way and show him how it was done. Not that I've ever played the game, but I've been a drummer for 11 years, and his lack of hand-eye coordination made me want to cry for the future of our species.

However, if you're just wanting this for the guitar, there's probably a better, more 'hero'-ic route you could take that would save you some money.

Incidentally, you could also just take your 200 bones out to a pawn shop or Guitar Center and come home with a REAL guitar, learn some songs, get as many friends as this game requires, and play some ACTUAL shows, which would give you about 1000x the adrenaline you'll ever get from this game. ...Just a thought.