View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: BaronZeus vid hands

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

$450 is my mortgage payment, 4.50 is lunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really poor way of looking at things! 7-8 bets is 7-8 bets irrespective to the fact that it is $450 instead of $4.50 or even $4500!

LOL @ you're mortgage being $450... wanna switch mortgages? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

when i play I don't even pay attention to the amount of bets that have gone into the pot

when I first moved 2-4 pots seemed to be so large (and most likely effected my play) ... I stayed there for a long time (despite have a roll to move up on multiple sites)

an odd thing happened to be when I went down to Aruba earlier this year ... and it changed my perspective on the game
first day I played a 3-6 game (it sucked so bad and moved so slow that it wasn't even interesting)
a couple of days when by my gang had a early night (being a night worker, I was pretty bored and had about 5hours to kill before I would be sleepy)
there was a 3-6 and 20-40 kill game going ... i was looking at both (i knew i could take the higher game ... and it seemed more like a 'Game' then playing 'cards' - if you know what i mean)
i sat down with 1K (told myself who cares if I lose it) ... and I'm not sure what happened. Third hand in I pick up AK, and doubled my stake ([censored]!!!!! - a 1K pot, Jesus H Christ ... it should have made me wet my pants, but in my head it was 'just a pot' it was no different)

whatever happened it was transcendental ... every hand I play now is just ' a hand' ... every pot, just 'a pot' - if i lose or win it doesn't really matter, in the end I'll win my standard win rate.
This major attitude change has allowed my to move up without really noticing what level I'm (currently I'm playing mostly 5/10, and 10/20 a few times ... but still play 1-2 at a couple of site where I'm working off a bonus ... I'll still play within a reasonable limit for whatever roll I have, but when I play in my head, 10c/20c is no different than $10/$20 . Only who you are playing and what the situation is matters. Tolerance to loss is a great skill in this game

just my 2cents